File Restore is a bogus disk utility pretending like a genuine one and shows a lot of fake warnings and alerts to scare you into thinking that your computer is in danger. In the reality, there are no infections present on your computer and File Restore is trying to trick you into purchasing a bogus software.
File Restore virus is designed by online criminals to mislead you and then convince you to buy a software which doesn’t work as advertised. First of all, the File Restore program gets inside your computer using dirty tricks. These tricks includes malicious downloads, fake on-line scanners, bogus flash updates and other similar things. For example, you visit a site and you’ll be asked to download a Flash Update so that you can view the videos. Now you download that update and try to install it not knowing that this flash update is actually File Restore Virus. Scammers use such tricks everyday to lure new visitors into downloading the File Restore virus on their computers.
Once installed in your computer, this virus will start showing its effects slowly. First It will, install itself and modify the registry so that It can load up automatically at start-up. Second, It will pop-up all of a sudden and start doing a scan without your permission. Then It will report numerous fake infections to make you think that your computer is in serious danger. File Restore virus will also do the followings :
1. Change your desktop wallpaper to a blank (or black wallpaper).
2. Change Attributes of all files on your computer to Hidden. This trick is to make your believe that your files are disappearing from the hard disk and you need to fix the underlying issues.
3. It will block legitimate antivirus programs from running so that you can’t take any actions against it.
4. It will also hide all programs from Start Menu so that It seem like everything is gone from your computer.
File Restore does all above things just to convince you and make this drama look real. It will get your worried quickly and you’ll pull out your credit card too soon before investigating about the software. We suggest that you shouldn’t buy the software at any cost since It can’t help you with anything.
File Restore will also show numerous fake alerts to scare you into thinking that your hard disk is about to crash completely and various other messages. At any cost, you need to ignore all those messages and proceed further to remove the malware using the right steps. The next part of this guide shows how to remove the malware quickly and easily.
How To Remove File Restore Virus Easily
The only way of removing File Restore virus is using a software to get rid of all the problems you are having. This method is also called Automatic Removal method and here is why this method is perfect for removing this malware from your computer :
1. This method is very easy to follow and even a new computer user can get rid of the malware easily.
2. You don’t need any programming skills but just need to click on a few buttons.
3. This removal method guarantees complete removal of File Restore, as well as associated registry entries and all the malicious files.
4. This method helps you not only remove file restore but lots of other harmful programs which might be residing in your computer without your knowledge.
This removal method is used even by the computer experts for its effectiveness against high risk malwares. This is because It is not possible to check each and every file on your computer and guess If it is a malware file or not. To get rid of File Restore as well as all of its traces, we suggest that you follow this easy removal method :
Here are the exact steps you need to take to remove File Restore permanently :
1. First of all, Click on Start—>Run, type “http://www.filerestorevirusremoval.com/download.php”. This will start downloading Spy Hunter which is a legitimate Spyware Remover. Alternatively, you can also click on this button to start the download :
2. When the download starts, please save the file as “explorer.exe” on the desktop. Please make sure that you save the file as “explorer.exe” so that File Restore can’t block it from running. Just for the information, Explorer.exe is the name of a critical windows process and this name is not blocked by the malware.
3. As soon as you double click over “explorer.exe”, you’ll see that File Protection virus will get terminated automatically so that It can’t interfere with the removal process. Now you need to install Spy Hunter and do a full scan.
4. Do a Full Scan of your computer using SpyHunter and It will automatically catch File Restore as well as other threats which might be hiding in your computer since a long time without your knowledge.
5. Click on “Fix Threats” button and get rid of all the malware in your computer. Reboot your computer and everything should be fine.
If you’ve any questions, please feel free to post them here and we’ll respond to them as quickly as we can.